According to IMARC Group’s recently published report, titled “Acetic Anhydride Market Price Trends: Global Industry Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global acetic anhydride market reached a volume of 2.8 Million Tons in 2020. Acetic anhydride refers to a highly reactive, free-flowing and combustible liquid that is widely used as an important reagent in the organic synthesis of multiple commercially available chemicals. This colorless, transparent liquid chemical compound with the formula (CH3CO)2O is characterized by a strong and pungent vinegar-like odor. It is widely used as an esterification agent for the preparation of modified food starch, as well as for the acetylation of monoglycerides. It is also utilized for the production of numerous products, including aspirin, perfumes, cellulose acetate, Tetraacetylethylenediamine (TAED), aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), modified starches, pesticides, artificial sweeteners, and wood preservatives.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.’
Request for a PDF sample of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/acetic-anhydride-market-report/requestsample
The market is primarily driven by the growing utilization of acetic anhydride in the manufacturing of cellulose acetate, which is then used for the production of cigarette filter tow as a synthetic fiber. In line with this, there has been an increase in the number of smokers on the global level on account of the busy schedules and hectic lifestyles led by the working professionals. The increasing awareness regarding the ill effects of prolonged exposure to tobacco has facilitated the uptake of cigarettes with longer filters that aid in reducing the exposure to the smoke, tar and other fine particles during smoking. Along with this, these compounds find extensive applications in the pharmaceutical industry for the production of common medicines, such as aspirin, paracetamol and vitamins. Increasing incidences of diseases and a rise in the geriatric population are creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, acetic anhydride is employed in the synthesis of acephate, a pesticide used in seed treatments and crop protection from insects and microbes, in the agricultural sector, which is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a volume of 3.6 Million Tons by 2026.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been classified into cellulose acetate, pharmaceuticals, tetraacetylethylenediamine (TAED) and others. Among these, cellulose acetate accounts for the majority of the overall market share.
- On the geographical front, North America holds the leading position in the market. Some of the other major regions include China, Western Europe, North East Asia, South East Asia, Middle East and Africa, and Eastern Europe.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
Major Key Players:
- BP Chemicals
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Jubilant Life Sciences
- DuPont, SABIC
- PetroChina Ltd.
- Sasol Limited
Breakup by End-Use:
- Cellulose Acetate
Breakup by Region:
- North America (United States, Canada)
- Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Indonesia, Korea, Others)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others)
- Middle East and Africa (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iraq, Others)
Ask Analyst for Customization and Explore full report with TOC & List of Figures: https://www.imarcgroup.com/acetic-anhydride-market-report
We are updating our reports, If you want latest primary and secondary data (2021-2026) with Cost Module, Business Strategy, Distribution Channel, etc. Click request free sample report, published report will be delivered to you in PDF format via email within 24 to 48 hours.
Key highlights of the report:
- Market Performance (2015-2020)
- Market Outlook (2021-2026)
- Market Trends
- Market Drivers and Success Factors
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Market
- Value Chain Analysis
- Structure of the Global Market
- Comprehensive mapping of the competitive landscape
If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800