There are multiple methods to fix this issue. But before that:
- Make sure that your Default browser is Internet Explorer.
Before you start performing the troubleshooting steps, test the internet connectivity and settings.
- QuickBooks Uses Internet Explorer so make sure you have Internet Explorer set as the default browser.
- Download and Run the TLS 1.2 Utility
- Check and verify that no other websites are able to open too.
Solution 1: Step Internet Explorer as you default browser
If IE is not your default browser, perform the following steps to make it your default browser or to restore your settings (internet explorer) in order to successfully update QuickBooks Payroll.
- Close QuickBooks and any other serve that running at the moment.
- Go to Internet Explorer and Open the Tools and then Internet Options
- Go to the Security tab, click on the Internet (the globe icon), and make sure the security level is set to medium-high.
- Next, go to the Content Tab and ensure that Content Advisor tab is enabled.
- Go to the Connection Tab and select Never dial a connection (for non-users of dial-up node)
- Click LAN Connection then the checkbox for Automatically Detect Settings.
- Click on “Use A Proxy Server.”
- Go to the Advanced Tab and select Restore Advanced Settings
- Select TLS 1.0
- Unmark TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2
- After you are done with the above-mentioned steps. Restart your computer.
- See if you are able to update QuickBooks Payroll.
Solution 2: Re-configure firewall settings
Re-configure firewall settings to access certain ports and internet security settings.
Solution 3: Download updates in Safe Mode
If your QuickBooks is still not connected, shut down your computer and restart in Safe Mode with Networking and see if you can download the update.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks
- Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks.
- Make sure your company file is in Single-User Mode.
If you still receive the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002, even after performing the steps provided in this article – you can speak to our certified QuickBooks payroll error support experts at 1-800-615-2347.