What is ISO certification?
It is a process of verifying an organization that it has met all the requirements for the specific ISO criteria. This globally recognized certification establishes the organization’s involvement in providing high-quality services to the customers. It helps the organizations to meet customer expectations consistently.
Who provides ISO certification? It is provided by the third-party certification body which is accredited to issue management system certificates. Not everyone can provide ISO certification. Only accredited bodies can provide ISO certificates. Also, keep in mind, ISO neither performs conformity assessments nor provide ISO certification.
Benefits of certifying to ISO
From implementing the process to satisfying the customers, ISO certification lots of benefits to the organization. Here are some of them:
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Continual improvement in the quality of products, process, and system
- Well-designed internal management
- Satisfied employees
- Improve process efficiency
- Enhance stakeholders confidence
- Creates new business opportunities
- Positive reputation
- Global recognition and so on.
How to display a certificate?
Don’t forget! Here is the simple tip you should follow while labeling your product or system which is certified to an ISO standard.
- Never mention just ‘ISO certified’ or ‘ISO certification’
- Specify the ISO standard you have implemented and achieved certification for it. For example: ‘ISO 9001:2015 certified’ or ‘ISO 9001:2015 certification’
Rules and regulations to display the ISO certification
ISO certification plays an important role in promoting a business’s productivity as well as profitability.
- A specific product can’t hold an ISO certificate
ISO certification ensures the effective implementation of your management system. It helps the management system to develop and provide quality products and services to the customers. For example ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system or ISO 22000:2018 certified food safety management system. ISO certifications are management system certifications.
- Use the correct standard form
While displaying the certification, you can just say ISO 9000 certified company. Because ISO 9000 is not a standard, it is a guidance document.
- Never change the scope of the certification
The ISO certification is only applied to the management system process specified in the scope of the certification. If you achieved the certification for all the processes carried out in your organization, you can promote them as ISO certified.
Who are allowed to use ISO logos?
Not everyone is allowed to use the ISO logo. It is a registered trademark which cannot be used by anyone outside of ISO. But some are exceptional to use this ISO logo. The authorized ISO members and ISO technical committees (TCs) can use the ISO logo in accordance with ISO policies (as per ISO.org).
Do’s and don’ts while portraying ISO certification
- Use the completed name of the standard such as ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 14001:2015. Don’t use just ISO 9001 certified or ISO 14001 certified.
- Don’t say ISO accredited organization. There is no such thing!
- No one can use the logos owned by ISO, unless authorized
- You can mention your certification body
- Don’t mention ISO certified products.
READMORE: iso 22301 training