A lot of us have been using MetaMask wallet services in order to work our way with the Ethereum blockchain. This wallet service is available for both mobile and desktop users. On desktops, it can be accessed via the web browser extension, while on a mobile device you can access it via the MetaMask application that has been developed for the users recently. However, there are some users who are finding it difficult to change their MetaMask login passwords.
Thus, to help such users, we are going to list the best possible way to reset or change the login password for your MetaMask wallet. On the other hand, we shall also guide you through the procedure to access the wallet without having to use the password as well. However, this is possible only if you remember or have access to your secret recovery phrase i.e. seed phrase.
But, if you do not have this key with you, then you would never be able to regain access to your wallet or change the MetaMask login credentials. So, if you have the seed phrase details with you, let us now learn the quick steps to change the password.
Steps to change the password
The steps given below are applicable to both the MetaMask extension as well as MetaMask application. So, follow the given steps very carefully and change your password:
- To begin the procedure, open the MetaMask app or extension on your device
- Now, enter your current password and click on the "Log In" button
- Thereafter, click on the three horizontal lines to access the settings menu
- Next up, go to the "Security & Privacy" tab
- On the landing page, spot and click on the "Change password" option
- Type in your new password and click the "Confirm" option
- Type the same password again and click "Confirm"
Similarly, you can also set a new password for MetaMask login directly from the login page. However, for this, you need to import your wallet first by using the secret recovery phrase. Once you import your wallet, you will be shown the option to change the password. And, that is how easily you can assign a new password to your MetaMask account for future logins.