The global operating room (OR) management solutions market is a huge market comprised of various software solutions that are used in an operating room. These include solutions for data management, inventory management, scheduling and planning of surgeries, communication among surgical staff within and outside the OR, and improved visualization, reporting, and documentation, among others.
While conventional ORs possessed all the equipment required for an operating room to function, the lack of communication among the various components and the lack of automated data management are some of the major drawbacks that led to the rising interest in the implementation of software integrated operating rooms.
The global operating room management solutions market report highlights that the market was valued at $2,023.5 million in 2021 and is expected to reach $3,699.1 million by the end of 2031. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.29% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2031.
The market is driven by factors such as the increase in government initiatives and funding to promote OR infrastructure, the surge in chronic diseases, and the rapidly increasing geriatric population leading to an upsurge in the number of surgical procedures, growing demand to upgrade operating room infrastructure to ensure patient safety, streamline workflows, and controls costs in operating rooms, and the increased adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) solutions.
Patients’ safety is one of the utmost responsibilities in the operating room. Mistakes in the operating rooms are frequent and may lead to serious consequences. The integration of OR management solutions helps in ensuring patient safety by providing proper communication, data management, accuracy, and tackling all the medical errors in the OR. Therefore, there has been an increase in demand to upgrade the operating room infrastructure with OR management solutions.
The factors restraining the market growth of OR management solutions include the high pricing and maintenance costs of operating room management software and the increasing security breaches in software. The most significant challenge that medical facilities face is the high costs of the installation of OR management software. Also, once an operating room management software is installed, it requires to be updated regularly as per the requirements of the user and new upgrades coming in the software, thereby increasing the maintenance costs of ORMs. The yearly maintenance cost of an ORM is likely to be 40-50% of the initial purchasing cost of the software. Therefore, the lack of affordability is a major factor restraining the growth of the market in emerging economies such as Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
Furthermore, the increasing security breaches in the healthcare sector due to increasing hacking incidents, malware stealing, and accidental or purposeful disclosure of data also act as a restraining factor for the market.
The opportunity for growth of the global operating room management solutions market lies in the increasing demand for medical tourism, Investment in emerging markets such as the Middle East and Asia-Pacific countries, and integration of solutions with superimposition capabilities.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Operating Room Management Solutions Market
The COVID-19 pandemic led to a deferral of elective surgeries across various clinical areas, such as neurology and cardiology. The pandemic also placed heightened importance on the safety and sterilization protocols followed by the medical institutions. The COVID-19 pandemic led to a decline in the number of non-essential surgeries performed, which subsequently also impacted the usage of ORs. Since operating rooms are a major source of revenue for hospitals, hospitals faced significant losses in revenue owing to the deferral of surgeries. Therefore, as the pandemic led to a surge in demand for critical respiratory equipment and other supplies required for the management of COVID-19, there was a decline in hospital expenditure with respect to the installation of solutions for OR management.
However, as the recovery phase begins and elective surgeries start to resume, increased demand for OR management software is anticipated as hospitals try to cope with the surgical backlog created due to the pandemic.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Some of the key players operating in the market include Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, KARL STORZ SE Co. KG, McKesson Corporation, NEXUS AG, Novanta Inc. (NDS Surgical Imaging), Omnicell, Inc., Steris plc.
Several start-ups such as Avail Medsystems Inc., CaseCTRL (Medovate Technologies, Inc.), OPExPARK Inc., Instrutrack, ReadySet Surgical, Surgio Health, SurgiStream are also emerging in the OR management solutions market.
In the past few years, the global operating room management solutions market has witnessed several strategic and technological developments undertaken by the different market players to attain their respective market shares in this emerging domain. Some of the strategies covered in this segment are funding activities, mergers and acquisitions (MA), partnerships, alliances, business expansions, regulatory and legal activities, and new offerings. The preferred strategy for companies has been new offerings of products followed by partnerships, alliances, and business expansions.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Operating Room Management Solutions Market Report
• What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global operating room (OR) management solutions market?
• What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the global OR management solutions market?
• How is each segment of the global OR management solutions market expected to grow during the forecast period, and what is the anticipated revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2031?
• What are the significant developmental strategies implemented by the major players in order to sustain in the competitive market, and what are the key regulatory bodies controlling the entry of OR management products to the market?
• Who are the leading players with significant offerings to the global OR management solutions market, and what is the current market dominance for each of these leading players?
• What compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is expected to be witnessed by the leading players in the market during the forecast period 2022-2031, and which management systems are anticipated to have the most promising growth?
• What are the major technological as well as regional adoption trends pertaining to the global OR management solutions market?
• What are the major technologies employed in the global OR management solutions market, and which is the most dominating technology?
• Who are the key manufacturers in the global OR management solutions market, and what are their contributions?
• What is the growth potential of the different modes of deployment as well as the end users in the OR management solutions market?
Request Sample - https://bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=1291type=download
How This Report Can Add Value
Assuming that the reader is a developer of OR management solutions and software, they will be able to do the following:
• Understand their position as compared to some of the key players in the market
• Stay updated with novel technology integration, features, and the latest developments in the market
• Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the adoption of OR management solutions and the entry barriers as a result of it
• Gain insights into which regions to target globally based on factors such as the amount of software integration in operating rooms
• Gain insights into the end-user perception concerning the adoption of operating room management solutions
• Identify some of the key players in the market and understand their valuable contribution
BIS Related Studies