If your computer is not connecting to WiFi, it could be network, settings, internet, or driver problems. If your wifi not working PC may encounter a few Wi-Fi connection issues –
- PC connected to wifi but no internet
- PC not connecting to the internet
- Windows 10 shows no network
Why your computer is not connecting to wifi?
There could be a few reasons your Windows 10 is not connecting to WiFi. First, you should check all the WiFi routers and other connections.
- Incorrect network authentication
- Faulty Wi-Fi network configuration
- Malfunctioning modem or router
- Corrupt or failed network drivers.
- Firewall or antivirus software
Before you fix the “computer connected to wifi but no internet” issue, check or apply a few things;
- Ensure the WiFi is turned on.
- Reposition your pc or laptop close to the Wi-Fi router.
- Reboot your Windows pc or laptop.
- Change the Wi-Fi channel.
- The network driver should be updated.
- The IP address is correct.
Fixing Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows 10
If your pc connected to wifi but no internet, then you can follow the given solutions to fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows 10. Make sure all connections are correctly connected.
Fix 1 – Reconnect WiFi to Windows
When you see your pc connected but no internet is availabe, then its better to reconnect all the connections. Here’s how to do it. The process depends on your router type – wired or wireless.
- First of all, ensure your router type.
- If the router is wired, remove the wire connected to your PC.
- If the router is wireless, disconnect the connection.
- Unplug the power cord from the router and the modem from the power source.
- Wait for 30 to 60 seconds.
- See the network icon on your Windows PC. It will show no network on your PC.
- Now, reconnect your router by pushing the wps button or connecting the wire again.
- Look for the network icon in your PC taskbar.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network from shown list.
- Select connect.
- If any password is set, enter it and click Next.
- Select Yes or No.
If still, your computer is not connecting to wifi, then choose another fix.
Fix 2 – Use Network Troubleshooter
Windows 10 consists Network troubleshooter on a PC. You can run it with the below steps to fix WiFi not working PC issue.
- Go to the Windows start menu.
- Open troubleshooting setting.
- Click Additional Troubleshooters to open different troubleshooters.
- Scroll down to find Network Adapter.
- Click “Run the troubleshooter” and wait.
- Fix all displayed Wi-Fi connection issues.
- Now, connect your pc to wifi.
Fix 3 – Reset or Enable The Router
If your computer is showing a “PC connected but no internet” message, you should try resetting the router or enabling the adapter setting.
Enable the WiFi adapter
- Open Settings.
- Go to the Network & Internet.
- Change adapter options.
- Select Disable option.
- Wait for 60 seconds, then click Enable tab.
If enabling the network adapter fixes the “PC connected to wifi but no internet” issue, you won’t require any other solution. But if you still encounter Wi-Fi connection issues, reset the network adapter.
Reset the WiFi network
- Open settings.
- Click Network & Internet to open it.
- Select Network reset option.
- Click on Reset Now.
Fix 4 – Update Network Drivers
Drivers create communication between Windows PC and devices, for example, network routers. If your network driver is not up-to-date, then update these drivers. You can udpate the network updater using the automatic method with eSoftSafe Driver Updater pro or the manual method.
- Using Driver Updater Pro
eSoftSafe driver updater pro is an automatic driver updater tool to update your network drivers in Windows 10. If your computer connected to wifi but no internet, then try updating the driver using the below steps;
- Click here to download the eSoftSafe driver updater pro.
- Double-click on driverupdaterprosetup.exe to install the tool.
- Launch the eSoftSafe driver updater on your Windows 10.
- Scan your PC to find missing, corrupt, or outdated network drivers.
- If any driver Wi-Fi connection issues appear, click on the Fix All tab.
- Click Update on the network driver.
- Use Manual Update Method
This method may not fix other Wifi issues, but it can update your network drivers with the below instructions. Hence, follow the steps below when the computer is not connecting to wifi.
- Open the device manager in the Windows 10 start menu.
- Expand Network Adapters option.
- Select the driver and right-click on it.
- Select Update Driver and search for network drivers.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- If you can’t update the network driver, visit the manufacturing site and downlaod the latest network drivers to update it.
Fix 5 – Turn off Windows Firewall
If your PC not connecting to internet, it could be the Firewall blocking your PC from connecting with Wi-Fi. Therefore, disable the Windows Firewall.
- Open Control Panel and click System and Security in your Windows 10.
- Click on Windows Firewall to open the Firewall.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Next, to Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended), select the box and click Ok.
- Disable the Firewall by choosing Turn off Windows Firewall.
Hopefully, all your Wi-Fi connection issues are resolved with the above fixes, and your wifi not working pc starts working.