In a Canon printer, either its Inkjet or Laser troubles can occur anytime. It's not the Canon printer only, but any other device may encounter issues at some point. If you start seeing the error message of Canon printer is not responding or Offline, you definitely need a solution right now.
Offline or printer not responding issues occur when the Canon model stops receiving any commands from the system.
Suppose you are a Windows PC user and encountering this issue with your canon printer. In that case, you should try the below-mentioned solution to enable communication between the printer and the system. The first and prior fix you can try is reconnecting all the cables in your printer model. Disconnect the power cable, USB, and other connections, wait for at least half a minute and reconnect the cable again.
Which devices or connection needs to be reconnected?
To resolve the No communication or Offline issue in the Canon printer, you should reconnect a few connections, including the power supply, router, modem, WiFi connection, and cable connections.
Also Read :- How To Fix ricoh im c4500 driver
Is your printer receiving a power supply?
The very first thing you've to do is check the power supply in the Canon printer. Make sure your printer is turned on and the power ON alarm blinks. If the device isn't opening, look for all connections in the power supply. Check the power cord and make it correct. Otherwise, you can pull out the power cord and reattach it to the printer. Now again, try turning on the printer. If the cable is faulty, change it.
Did you restart your system?
Just rebooting your computer system may resolve this issue. Hence make sure you shut down your system and start it again before printing.
Ensure to choose correct Canon model
If you mistakenly select the wrong printer, your printer won't give any output. Sometimes the different printers select automatically. Hence you have to change the printer.
In Windows PC, follow below to select Canon printer –
- Press Windows icon and R key, then type control printers. Press enter or select OK.
- Remove any duplicate copy version if created somehow.
- Right-click on the Canon printer model you want to choose.
- Select the "Set as default printer" tab.
- You can see the Checkmark on the selected printer device.
In mac OS, go through the below steps –
- Open Apple menu.
- Click on System Preferences and select Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Choose a printer for the default printer list.
Now try printing with your Canon printer Model.
Did you check the Wireless connection?
WiFi connection loss can be one reason for this Not Responding error. Hence try to reboot the computer at first and then reestablish the WiFi connection and connect PC and printer via a wireless network. Wireless connection setup guidelines are shown on our site. Make sure you don't use a VPN during the print process.
Resolve network communication issues
You have to find why network communication errors are happening.
- If the signal strength is good, the issues aren't occurring because of network issues.
- Make sure the router and printer are closer.
- You can also reset the printer setting to factory reset.
- If the network connection is Inactive and the network name is wrong, reconnect your printer to WiFi.
- Try unplugging the router and reconnecting after 30 seconds.
Is your printer driver working well?
If you've installed Canon IJ setup CD to install drivers on your computer, then it may be corrupted or missing. The older drivers may occur issues. You have to reinstall the latest printer drivers from an online site in this case.
Must Read :- Issues Regarding ricoh im c6000 driver
- Go to canon support site from canon.com/ijsetup or ij.start.canon url.
- Click Set Up to move further.
- Enter the current printer model name and click go.
- You are on the download page.
- Choose the correct system type from the right top right corner.
- Click download to get the latest drivers for your Canon printer.
- Run the software and follow on-screen instructions to install the driver's file.
- When completed, restart your computer and printer both.
We hope this article helps resolve your Canon printer "Not Responding" issues. If you still experience errors, see online manuals on the Canon support site.