After booking tickets with an airline, you might have to make changes to your bookings due to some uncertain circumstances. Lufthansa Airlines understands this and hence has flight change opinion available on their website under the Lufthansa Booking option. We have prepared this article for you to discuss the steps involved, flight change fee, and their flight change policy in detail. Let’s get into the article.
Lufthansa Airlines Flight Change Policy
Let us discuss the flight change policy of Lufthansa Airlines in detail.
- If you make changes to your flight within 24 hours of booking and it has been made at least seven days before the departure date. Then, the airline does not charge any fee, except for the difference between the two flights.
- In case your Lufthansa Manage Booking does not fall under their 24-hour policy, then the change fee varies on the type of ticket you have booked.
The fee structure is as follows:
- $60 or €50 on a basic flight
- €150 for same-day award fare ticket change
- $60 or €60 on flight cancellation
- The price varies a bit depending on your flight type.
Steps to Change a Lufthansa Booking
The process of changing Lufthansa flight is a bit different from other airlines. Follow the steps mentioned below to make the changes.
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- Look for the three lines on the top right corner of the website.
- Now, click on that and select the “Book and Amend Flight details” option.
- After clicking on that option, enter the details you are asked for in the given space, including your first and last name and the booking code. The airline must have mailed you the code after the confirmation of your booking.
- Now, click on the yellow login button.
- Your flight details will appear on your screen. Here, you can make all the changes to your flight that you want to.
- All the flights available for your journey will be available on your screen. Select the one you want to travel with.
- Head to the payment page of the airline, and make the payment for the difference and changing fee (if applicable).
- You will receive another confirmation mail from the airline about the change.