Phosphoramidite chemistry is of fundamental importance for producing synthetic oligonucleotides that can be further utilized in a range of different areas, for instance, as primers for a polymerase chain reaction, oligonucleotide-based therapies, and genetic engineering. Millions of synthetic oligonucleotides are employed in research laboratories, pharmaceutical industries, and hospitals.
The global phosphoramidite market is projected to reach $2,062.9 million by 2032 from $900.3 million in 2021, at a CAGR of 7.78% during the forecast period 2022-2032. The market growth can be ascribed to the rising demand for oligonucleotides, growing synthetic biology market, increasing partnerships and collaborations, continuous investment for research and development activities by private and public firms, and growing prevalence of several diseases creating an urgent need for novel therapeutic treatments .
Recent Developments in the Global Phosphoramidite Market
• In August 2019, the company acquired 75% ordinary capital of the parent company of Toronto Research Chemicals Inc., ie, Biomed Pharmaceutical Limited.
• In July 2022, TriLink BioTechnologies expanded its RD leadership team's responsibility for leading the company's scientific direction and research and development strategy.
• In May 2022, TriLink BioTechnologies announced a cooperative agreement with the Department of Defense and included funding for TriLink's expansion in San Diego, California, for nucleic acid production.
• In November 2021, Biosynth Carbosynth acquired Kexing Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd.'s raw material manufacturing unit located in Jinan, China, to expand its operations and deliver a wide range of products at a larger production volume and increased capacity. The facility extends to more than 30,000 square meters of area.
• In November 2021, a leading investment firm, KKR, invested an undisclosed amount and acquired Biosynth Carbosynth from its founders, Armira and Dr. Urs Spitz. However, senior management will retain a significant ownership stake, and KKR will contribute as a strategic partner. KKR plans to encourage and accelerate the company's product portfolio expansion and geographic buildout and widen its capabilities.
Global Phosphoramidite Market Segmentation
Demand - Drivers and Limitations
Following are the demand drivers for the global phosphoramidite market:
• Increasing Synthetic Nucleotide Applications in Therapeutics
• Growth in Synthetic Biology
The market is expected to face some limitations due to the following challenges:
• Challenges in Developing Long Nucleotide Sequences
• Competition from Emerging DNA Synthesis Technologies
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on inputs gathered from primary experts and analyzing the company's coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration.
Some of the prominent names in this market are:
Danaher Corporation (IDT)
Hongene Biotech Corporation
Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (TCI)
• LGC Science Group Holdings Limited
• AAT Bioquest, Inc.
• Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
• Merck KGaA
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global phosphoramidite market?
- What are the key development strategies being implemented by the major players to sustain in the competitive market?
- Which is the dominant phosphoramidite by type developed by the leading and emerging players?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on the global phosphoramidite market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period from 2022 to 2032? Following are the segments:
- Type (DNA phosphoramidites, RNA phosphoramidites, labeled phosphoramidites, and other phosphoramidites)
- End User (Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, diagnostic laboratories, and synthetic biology or research institutes)
- Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World)
- Which companies are anticipated to be highly disruptive in the future, and why?
USP of this report
The following can be seen as some of the USPs of this report:
• Extensive competitive benchmarking of key players offering a holistic view of the global phosphoramidite market landscape
• Market ranking analysis based on product portfolio, recent developments, and region-level analysis
Who should buy this report?
Established companies involved in the development of phosphoramidite-related products such as oligonucleotides and new entrants who want to focus on the phosphoramidite market would be suitable buyers for this report.
BIS Related Studies