We all know lamb tastes great - but did you know it's good for you, too?
Naturally rich in protein and nutrients, there are plenty of benefits to eating lamb as part of a balanced diet. For more at خروف صغير
Here are just some of the reasons why lamb should feature on your shopping list.
- Lamb is naturally rich in protein*, which helps muscle growth and supports muscle mass
- Protein is also needed for normal growth and development of children’s bones
- Lamb naturally contains seven vitamins and minerals that support good health and wellbeing
- Lamb provides four essential vitamins that help reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Lamb is a source of four essential vitamins and minerals that help the immune system to work normally
- Lamb provides five essential vitamins and minerals that support normal mental function.
Lambs are initially nursed by their mothers until weaning, and studies have shown that the quality of the mother’s diet plays an important role in the eventual nutrient quality of the lamb. Grass feeding by the mother provides nutritional benefits for the nursing lamb as well as for humans who eventually consume the lamb meat. When young lambs are weaned from their mother’s milk and begin consuming solid foods, research once again shows that feeding in pasture provides the best nutritional option for the lambs. Conventionally raised lambs do not usually experience either of these (nursing from a mother who grazes on pasture, or grazing on pasture themselves after weaning.) Both of these factors enter into our recommendation of 100% grass-fed lamb. For more at خروف حري صغير